Passionate full stack web developer. Perfectionist trying to find a balance between quality, deadlines and requirements.
Flight and railway tickets selling service. In 2018 it was united with ex-competitor “Chocotravel” and became the 2nd biggest internet plaform in Kazakhstan according to Forbes (short, details). Worked on railways project. After I joined this company it got bigger priority and dedicated team.
Position: Web programmer
- Backend development - support and further development of API used by site, mobile apps and partner "Chocotravel". Integration with other APIs and services.
- Frontend development - both desktop and mobile site versions (until January 2019).
- Making reports to determine success of adding new features.
- Code review and mentoring of other team members.
- Set up Docker and Docker Compose for development, staging and production environments.
- Developed new functionality - subscription to free places, timetable and routes of the trains, nearby dates search, push notifications.
- Connected Google Cloud Storage.
- Adapted and extended API for usage by partner "Chocotravel".
- Created mock server for supplier's API with a set of quickly reproducible cases for easier testing and design showcase.
- Improved unit tests' coverage, wrote a suite of functional tests for main flow.
- Set up CI together with DevOps engineer.
- Detected and removed a lot of dead code.
- Ticket sales were increased, in May 2019 a record amount of tickets was sold.
- The cost of development for partner "Chocotravel" was reduced after migration to Aviata API.
- The amount of requests related with tickets' returns to support department was decreased.
- Learning Docker and Docker Compose.
- Learning Vue.js.
- Working with Python 2, Django REST Framework and Flask.
- Participation in the internal "Dev Days" event with presentation.
- Participation in creating of frontend code style and guide.
Informational and analytical resource about agriculture in Kazakhstan. The customer already had site written in Joomla, but was not satisfied with its work and support. Planned ideas and improvements would be hard to implement using Joomla. Because of that the decision was taken to completely rewrite it using Django and PostgreSQL and make improvements after that.
Position: Web programmer
- Full rewriting of the existing company site based on Joomla in Django from scratch, migrating of all existing data.
- Configuring web server.
- Basic SEO related work. Improving urls and redirects setup.
- Working with design and layout after project's launch.
- Improving existing functionality (including "News" module).
- Developing new functionality (including "Agrarian map", "Trading platform", "Subscription", "Stats" modules).
- Developed a few custom form fields (image crop, location picker, etc.)
- Added grouping of enterprises by settlements on agrarian map.
- Implemented moderation for some site's objects.
- Limited access to some site's functionality using custom permissions and policies.
- Added e-commerce component - combined modular subscriptions and subscriptions to objects of different types, integrated payment through credit cards (VISA, MasterCard).
- Organized collecting, editing and viewing of a big amount of statistical data from various sources.
- New site was released in May of 2016.
- Traffic and sales were increased.
- The site became more comfortable to view because of a new UI and responsive design.
- Registration and authentication became more user friendly because of adding social auth and extending profile's functionality.
- Managing content became faster and more comfortable.
- The site became more secure, pages started to load faster.
- Programming in Python and Django.
- Learning ES6 and React.
- Migration of site and data.
- Configuring VPS from scratch.
- Setup of production environment for Django site.
Legal name: Baza MTO, LLC
Position: Web programmer
- Support and improvement of main public company site - fora.kz (e-commerce). It was built with Yii 1, then was rewritten in Yii 2 (upgrade to newer version was fully completed only after my leaving). API part was written using Silex.
- Work on public company job service - job.fora.kz (development from scratch, support). Built with Yii 2.
- Work on internal ERP system - development from scratch according to company specifics and needs. Built with Yii 2 and PostgreSQL. Modules development and support. Synchronization with 1C. System was introduced and required for usage for every employee.
- Work on other internal projects intended to automate and optimize work of employees inside the company (including guarantee and repair service, advertising).
- Writing wiki documentation and tutorials for employees about how to use company's internal web services.
- Consulting of employees about problems and usage of company's internal web services.
- Participating in testing and choosing candidates for web developer position.
- Teach and control new junior developers.
- Rewriting legacy code, upgrading to newer versions of used technologies.
- Implemented subordination graph for ERP system to be able to get each employee's chiefs and subordinates based on data in 1C. The structure couldn't be presented as tree (employee could have multiple chiefs, relations were set using different factors - departments, geographical location, etc.). This graph then was integrated into permission system to regulate access of different employees to specific parts of the application.
- Implemented "Procedural Tasks" module for ERP system for setting and tracking periodical tasks for employees.
- Implemented deferred tasks functionality to run tasks for specific employye(s) at specific date and time. Such tasks include setting of auto remarks and sending notifications. Used Redis and Supervisor. This took off a lot of additional load from the server (cron was used before) and tasks began to run more precisely and in due time.
- Created component for building complex forms (multiple related formsets with dynamic number of additional forms in it) and used it in few projects.
- Developed model life cycle component, used it mostly in guarantee and repair service project.
- Implemented algorithm of calculating business days in given date range and used it for statistics in fora.kz site.
- Automated deploy of the projects using Deployer.
- fora.kz helped to increase sales and company's income.
- With appearing of job.fora.kz the number of sent resume was increased.
- With distribution of internal projects many processes inside of the company was optimized and work of employees became more automated.
- After adding tracking of working hours and adding remarks system in ERP (which affects salary) working discipline became better, number of cases of coming late was reduced. Encouragements system helped employees to be more motivated.
- After creating subordination graph and presenting new permissions system in ERP some flaws were found in company structure and the structure was redesigned to be more optimal.
- ERP helped people to stay more informed, better know and communicate with each other (especially with branches).
- Reached completely new level in work with PHP - learned OOP, MVC, some design patterns, frameworks Yii 1 and Yii 2, PHPDoc, PSR. Development on the latest versions at that time (5.6), with usage of their features.
- Improved working with layout skills, started to use Sass, CSS frameworks - Bootstrap 2 and 3, Grunt for building project assets.
- Started to use more convenient development tools intended to ease setup and work in development environment, such as Vagrant and Puppet (with PuPHPet).
- Started to use Git and GitHub.
- Usage of Jira tracking system, Agile methodology (Scrum).
- Have got Debian and Ubuntu OS administration skills, improved related software configuring skills.
- Have faced with PostgreSQL RDBMS, used some unique features of it in developed projects.
- Started to test written PHP code using PHPUnit and Codeception.
- Developed few extensions for Yii 2 and used it in company projects.
- Started to contribute to StackOverflow, earned "yii2" tag gold badge and became top user by "yii2" tag.
- Usage of wide set of auxiliary libraries and components.
INSY company is a website developing company based in Petropavl, Kazakhstan. Services also include mobile applications development, creation of logos and corporate style. Work on company projects in PHP based CMS (UMI.CMS and 1C-Bitrix). Full company portfolio can be found here.
Legal name: INSY, LLC
- Working with layout.
- Participating in prototyping of graphic design and UI.
- Minor graphic design fixes.
- Support of the existing company projects.
- Work on internal company's CRM - improving existing modules and developing new ones.
- Writing wiki documentation for internal usage.
- Content management, rewriting, copywriting, editing product images.
- Basic SEO and SMM.
- Communication with the clients.
- Helping new junior developers.
- Created miltiple currency plugin supporting synchronization with actual currency rate.
- Implemented catalog filter component with support for complex search combinations, different types of inputs (according to CMS data types), easy layout integration.
- Implemented custom integration with 1C for some sites.
- Filled products catalog completely for one of the projects - mchip.kz (about 2000 products).
- Integration of payment systems (VISA, QIWI, KASSA 24) and delivery services (Exline).
- Added notifications in CRM (including sending messages to XMPP).
- Created mail module in CRM to optimize work with emails and better collaborative actions.
- Provided limited access to CRM for customers to be able to view some information (including tasks and their state).
- Released some sites that help customers to promote and expand their business.
- Optimized communication with clients and internal company work processes with CRM.
- Sped up the development process with a set of created plugins (products catalog filter, multiple currency plugin, product images gallery and others) for UMI.CMS.
- More orders from different cities.
- Rating among the other certified companies working with these CMS was increased.
- Learned UMI.CMS and 1C-Bitrix, used it to develop non-standard functionality.
- SQL and MySQL knowledge was improved.
- Have mastered XSLT.
- Have got basic skills of administrating CentOS and configuring related software.
- Started to use VCS - Hg (Mercurial).
- Active participation in company's life, initiative manifestation.
- Improved skills of communication with customers.
Bars Stroy company is a construction materials seller. Has some branches across Kazakhstan. Improvement and support of the existing main company site based on UMI.CMS (PHP).
Legal name: BARS-NORD, LLC
Position: Web technologies specialist
- Working with layout.
- Minor graphic design fixes.
- Integration with 1C (products, prices, availability, etc.).
- Content management.
- Rewriting, copywriting.
- Hire of the copywriter and control of his work.
- Filling of the products catalog.
- Photographing of the products and editing of the taken photos.
- Basic SEO.
- SMM (mainly in "Moy Mir" social network).
- Corporate mail setup for employees.
- Clients support in social networks.
- Participating in planning company budget related to the site.
- Participating in meetings - reporting about made work, suggestion of new ideas.
- Integrated products catalog with 1C.
- Filled almost all products (about 7000) for retail sale.
- Fixed many bugs left since site creation.
- Developed a job module with actual vacancies list and sending resume feature.
- Wrote company history article (interviewed administration, collected data from archives).
- Collected and edited photos of key employees (took missing photos) together with info about them, then filled "Our employees" page which reflected company structure including different departments.
- Wrote some news, photos were taken where the events took place.
- At that time site was the best among the rival companies in Petropavl and helped to stand out from them.
- Filled products catalog was useful for both customers and company managers and sellers.
- Filled products catalog in the future became a solid base for e-commerce (after my leaving, because at the moment of my work administration was not ready to create it yet).
- Automation of HR department's work, number of candidates was increased.
- Site appeared in top 10 in Google and Yandex search at certain queries.
- Have got good experience with UMI.CMS.
- Work was versatile (because I was the only one working with site, at the end designer helped a bit) and wasn't limited to programming only: editing images skills, SEO knowledge were improved, learned a lot of new information about construction materials.
- Have got communication experience with people of different positions and from different departments (including meetings, etc.) and clients during answering and consultations through messengers and social networks.
- Showed initiative in many questions related to site.
Institution: North Kazakhstan State University, named for M. Kozybaev
Area: 050602 - Computer Science
|4||ASD2213||Algorithms and Structure of Data|
|5||AVR4309||Analysis of Temporal Series|
|6||AKS1218||Computer System Architecture|
|8||DMML2210||Discrete Mathematics and Mathematical Logic|
|10||DGML3219||Supplementary Chapters on Mathematical Logic|
|17||MMPP4314||Mathematical Models of Production Planning|
|18||MAAF1202||Mathematical Analysis. Analysis of Function with one Variable|
|19||MAAF2203||Mathematical Analysis. Analysis of Functions with many Variable Quantities|
|20||MAVA1201||Mathematical Analysis. Introduction to the Analysis|
|22||MPI3214||Teaching Methods of Computer Science|
|23||MOIO3209||Methods of Optimization and Operations Research|
|26||OBZh4112||Bases of Life Safety|
|28||OS2306||Bases of Circuitry|
|29||OET2107||Bases of Economic Theory|
|36||TBD3307||Data Base Theory|
|37||TVMS3211||Theory of Probability and Mathematical Statistics|
|39||TYaA2212||Language and Automatic Machine Theory|
|43||EPDO1111||Ethics and Psychology of Business Communication|
|44||YaTP2207||Programming Languages and Technologies|
|45||IS3310||Information Systems (Course Project)|
|46||Mat2312||Mathematics (Course paper)|
|47||PM4313||Applied Mathematics (Course paper)|
Alexey helped us rewrite our site margin.kz from Joomla to Django, improve functionality, fix bugs and migrate all existing data. Traffic and sales were increased. Alexey is always ready to help, explain and recommend the more suitable way of solving problem. He is thoughtful and experienced programmer, also punctual and responsible. We are happy with his work and support of our site.
Sports: gym, yoga, running, cycling, snowboarding
Foreign languages studying: English
Psychology: articles, books